NEST-2013 Entrance Test for Admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar & University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS) Mumbai
official website wwwwwW..wwwwwW..nestexam.in
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CBS have been started by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007.
Students securing at least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India are eligible to apply. For Scheduled Cast (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD), the minimum requirement is 55%. Students who have passed the Class XII qualifying examination in 2011 or 2012 or are appearing in 2013 are eligible to apply. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
- Online form submission is the most convenient and preferred way. Follow these steps to go for it. Read Basics of Online Formfirst.
- Register yourself before you login. It is assumed that you already have an e-mail ID.
- Confirm your registration from a mail sent to you just after registration.
- Login in the NEST homepage with your mail-id and password.
- Fill the form and save it or, modify an already saved form.
- Upload passport photo and scanned signature.
- Transfer fees or Send DD (in favour of “Chief Coordinator, NEST 2013”, payable at Bhubaneswar). Quote 5-digit Appl.No. in both cases.
- A letter of request can be sent to get the printed form by post. This form will have to be sent back along with DD after filling it properly. Do NOT send the DD with request letter. Send the DD only with filled-in form.
Note: Please do NOT submit the application both by method-1 and method-2. Such forms, if found, will summarilly be rejected.
NEST 2013 Online Application form , Eligibility , Admit Card & Important dates
- Website opens for information : January 03, 2013
- Online submission of application starts : January 07, 2013
- Last date for receiving request of application form (postal) : February 20, 2013
- Last date for receipt of completed offline application form with DD : March 08, 2013 (5:30 pm)
- Online applications auto-submit and freeze : March 08, 2013 (midnight)
- Dispatch of offline admit cards starts : April 08, 2013
- Download of online admit cards starts : April 08, 2013
- Date of examination : May 25, 2013 (Saturday), 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Announcement of results on NEST website : June 17, 2013
Process for applying online
- First, register yourself by clicking “New Registration” in the NEST homepage.
- Provide correct/valid mail-id so that you can receive mails. Gmail & Yahoo! are the most preferred mail domains. Rediffmail is somehow sometimes not accepting our automated mails. Please check whether your mail-id is email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Similarly firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you don’t know it correctly then send a mail to someone to find out your correct mail-id.
- You have to provide a password of your choice during registration. And you should remember it for logging in to NEST.
- After registration you are supposed to get a mail to confirm and activate your login. Please check your SPAM/Bulk/Junk folder also. If a mail from ‘NEST 2013’ is found, select it and click “Not SPAM”. If you fail to get the mail even after an hour then please notify the authotiry to manually activate your login.
- Once it is confirmed, you can login and fill the online form.
FILLING UP THE FORM
- NEST-Online has been made extremely flexible with regard to filling up the form and uploading photo/signature.
- The online form can be saved in more than one sittings.
- Hence, it doesn’t matter whether you make the DD/NEFT first or fill the form first.
- You can initially save the form with information that are readily available and later you should consider filling other details (in next login).
- You should read instruction given in image upload page before putting your hand in to it.
- Only after completion of all the formalities, you should go for printing the form.
- Duly write your 5-digit application number and name at the back of the DD and send it by regd/speed post to the Chief Coordinator.
- Check form status periodically until you see all the status messages in green. You can send a mail if you find “DD/NEFT not received” even after a week of sending the DD/NEFT.
Q1. Do I need to have a mail-id or will it be provided by NEST?
A1. Candidates willing to accept on-line form submission, MUST be having a mail-id, prior to registering themselves with NEST. NEST will NOT provide any mail-id for this purpose.
Q2. What are these e-mail id and password for?
A2. The e-mail id (used as your user-id) and password (whatever you wish) are required for a registered applicant to fill-up, modify and print his/her form till the last date of online form submission.
Q3. Is registration necessary? How does it work?
A3. Yes. Registration is a process in which your e-mail id and preferred password are saved in a database so as to identify the unique applicant through a simple process of login.
After clicking the link to “New Registration”, a registration requisition form comes up. One has to enter his/her Name (exactly as in the class X certificate), e-mail id, preferred password (not necessarily the one which is used to view the inbox of that e-mail id) and a secret code (the text in a picture format). After submitting, a mail goes to the registered e-mail id where a confirmation link has to be clicked to activate your login.
Q4. Is it possible to fill-up the form in fragments/parts since it is a long one?
A4. Yes. It is possible to fill-up the form in fragments. Even one can save a blank form first and enter data in next login. However, it is advised to do it in one go whenever one is ready with the details.
Q5. Is there a limit for the number of times one modifies his/her form?
A5. No. There is as such no restriction to that. One can modify his/her form as many times he/she wishes until the last date and time.
Q8. Can one still be allowed to login after NEST-2013 examination?
A8. No. Login will be prohibited when and after NEST-2013 exam starts.
Q9. Can I write an email in case of any problem?
A9. Yes. You can write to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any problem you may encounter.