SSC Engineering Assistant and Technician in Prasar Bharati Examination – 2013
SSC Combined Recruitment for the post of Engineering Assistant and Technician in Prasar Bharati
Examination – 2013
Closing Date: 22.3.2013 Date of Examination: 26-05-2013
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) invites online application from eligible candidates for the recruitment of Engineering Assistant & Technician post for the Prasar Bharati under special dispensation given by the Government.
Engineering Assistant – 1290 post
Technician – 340 post
Total – 1630 post
Zone wise projected vacancies for the post of Engineering Assistant:
Zone SC ST OBC PWD* UR Total
North 109 15 128 15 260 512
North East 10 47 31 5 88 176
East 10 07 11 2 39 67
West 35 47 74 9 163 319
South 37 19 51 6 109 216
Total 201 135 295 37 659 1290
Zone wise projected vacancies for the post of Technician:
Zone SC ST OBC PWD* ExServicemen UR Total
North 32 07 33 3 14 68 140
North East 01 07 05 1 4 18 31
East 05 05 05 1 4 20 35
West 07 12 15 2 8 43 77
South 09 03 13 0 5 32 57
Total 54 34 71 7 35 181 340
For Engineering Assistant-Post :For Engineering Assistant-Post Code ‘A’
(A) (i) (a) Three years Diploma in Radio /Telecommunication /Electrical /Electronics/ Information Technology /Electronics and Communication Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
(b) One year experience in the related field OR (ii) (a) Degree with Physics as one of the subjects from a recognized University/ Institute. (b) One year experience in the related field. OR (iii) Degree in Telecommunication/Electronics/Electrical/Information Technology/ Electronics and Communication Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
(B) Desirable: Knowledge of Wireless Radio Engineering.
For Technician- Post Code ‘B’:-
(i) 10+2 pass from a recognized Board.
(ii) Diploma of at least 2 years duration in Electronics/Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized University/Institute.
Age Limit: Maximum age limit (as on 01-01-2013) for the post of Engineering Assistant & 18-25 Years for the post of Technician (as on 01-01-2013)
Application Fee: Candidates should pay the application fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred) only
through State Bank of India (SBI) either in the form of Challan or net banking. Application fee is not required for SC/ST /Ex-Servicemen and PH and all women candidates.
Selection Process: Selection for the above post will be based on Written examination.
Last Date of Application : 22.3.2013
Date of Examination: 26-05-2013
How To Apply:Application can be made only online. Online applications may be filed at http://ssconline2.gov.in Candidates are required to submit only one application irrespective of the number of posts opted .
2. Candidates should pay the application fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred) only through State Bank of India (SBI) either in the form of Challan or net banking.
3. Application fee is not required for SC/ST /Ex-Servicemen and PH and all women candidates, subject to submission of Caste/Disability/Discharge Certificate in the prescribed form from Appropriate Authority in support of his/her claim.
4. The candidate should satisfy himself/herself that he/she is eligible for the post(s) for which option is exercised and that he/she possesses the required qualifications.
5. Option should be exercised by the candidates carefully keeping in view fulfillment of eligibility conditions, educational qualifications, etc. prescribed for the posts. OPTION ONCE EXERCISED SHALL BE FINAL AND NO CHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
6. Qualifying in the written examination for any post without fulfillment of eligibility conditions will not confer any claim to the candidate for final selection for the post.
7. If any of the particulars provided in the application is found to be false on scrutiny of the documents, the candidature of such candidate will be cancelled forthwith.
SELECTION PROCESS FOR THE POST OF ENGINEERING ASSISTANT : Selection for the post will be based on a Written Examination which will be conducted by Staff Selection Commission. The examination will consist of two papers as detailed below:
Paper Subject Maximum Marks Duration
Paper – I (Objective Type)
(a)General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 questions) (b)General Awareness (50 questions) (c) Technical Knowledge (100 questions) 50 50 100 2 hrs
Paper-II (Descriptive Type)
Any one out of the following :-
(b) Radio Engineering
(c) Telecommunication Engineering
(d) Electrical Engineering
(e) Electronics Engineering
(f) Information Technology 200 2 hrs
The interview for the post of Engineering Assistant will be of 100 marks.
Click here to Download Advertsiement
Bed 2014/ TET 2015 Live Updates
Tags: Engineering Assistant, http://ssconline2.gov.in, Prasar Bharati Examination, Recruitment 2013, ssc, Technician