Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Assistant Statistical Investigator Recruitment 2013 Notification NO:3 / 2013 DATED:01.03.2013.
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission invites online application from eligible candidates for recruitment of Assistant
Statistical Investigator in the Department of Economics and Statistics.
Applications are invited only through online mode upto 20.03.2013 for Direct Recruitment to the vacancies in the following post
Post name: Assistant Statistical Investigator
No. Of Post: 240 post
Name of the Service and Code No.:Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service (Code No.036)
- Date of Publication of Notification: 1-Mar-2013
- Last date for Submission of Applications: 20-Mar-2013
- Last date for Payment of Application Fees through Bank/ Post Office: 22-Mar-2013
- Date of Computer Based Test: 7-April-2013 (forenoon and afternoon, two sessions)
Qualification: Candidates should posses Degree in Statistics or Any one of the following degree with Statistics as an ancillary / allied subject
(i) Degree in Mathematics
(ii) Degree in Computer Science
(iii) Degree in Economics
(iv) Degree in Computer Applications 3 OR
Any Degree with Post Graduate Degree in Operations Research/ Econometrics / Mathematical Economics.
Details of the Post:
- Assistant Statistical Investigator
- Department: Department of Economics and Statistics
- Service Cadre: As under Tamil Nadu General Subordinate Service
- Post Code: 1824
- Number of Vacancies: 240 posts (There will be reservation for various categories as per Tamil Nadu state Govt. Rules)
- Age limit: 18 to 30 years for General and no maximum age limit for others
- Academics: Degree in Statistics Or A Degree in Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Economics/ Computer Applications Or, A Degree with PG Degree in Operations/ Research/ Econometrics / Mathematical Economics from any recognized college or university
Application Fee: 300/- (Rupees three hundred only) be paid by all the candidates. (i.e. Cost of
Application Rs. 50/- + Examination fee Rs.250/-)
Age Limit: For general candidates 18 to 30 years and others candidates Should have completed minimum 18 years.
Pay Scale: Rs.5,200 – 20,200/- (PB1) + Grade Pay 2,400/
Computer Based Test (CBT):-
The candidate has to appear for the examination where he has been allotted to the
examination. Change of centre or venue is not permitted. He has to carry the Hall Ticket
(Admission Card) and same has to be produced at the examination venue. Each Candidate will be
assigned a Computer to take up the examination. Candidates will be provided with a user name
and password to login the system. Necessary instructions will be displayed on screen. Kindly read
all the instructions carefully.
• Candidates are not permitted to carry any electronic and/or communication device into the
examination hall. They are advised not to bring the electronic gadgets with them.
• Computer Based Test (CBT) is similar to paper pen shading test.
• In CBT, questions with four options each will be displayed in the computer screen.
• Candidate has to click the best answer to the question.
• Candidates can proceed to the next question by clicking next button. Or previous question
by clicking previous button.
• Candidates can review any question and the answers, and the answers can be changed at
any time before the closure of examination. They can skip the questions also, if they desire
• Candidate can use only the mouse to select the correct answers and proceed with
answering the questions.
• The Question and optional answers will be shuffled randomly and displayed to the
• Candidate can submit their answers at any time during the examination.
• Once the answers are submitted, the candidates have no option to proceed further.
• If the candidate fails to submit their answers, the system will automatically submit the
answers to the server, at the closure of the examination.
• No computer knowledge is required to take up the CBT. Knowledge in Mouse operation is
sufficed to take up the CBT.
• The question and answers can be zoomed to the required level for the candidates with
Candidates will be admitted to the examination till 30 minutes from the commencement of the
examination. Candidates have to sign the attendance sheet and affix thumb impression for
verification of his identity. All the activities of the candidates with the mouse will be recorded in the
server and a log file will be created for future reference. The Examination Hall will be under
Date of Notification 01.03.2013
Last date for submission of applications 20.03.2013
Last date for payment of Fee through Bank or Post Office 22.03.2013
Date and Time of Main Examination in Computer Based Test format
Paper – I 07.04.2013 FN 10.00 A.M. to 12.00 P.M.
Paper – II 07.04.2013 AN 02.30 P.M. to 05.30 P.M.
Selection Procedure: Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e.,
(i) Written Examination and (ii) Oral Test.
Computer Based Test (CBT): The candidate has to appear for the examination where he has been allotted to the examination. Change of centre or venue is not permitted. He has to carry the Hall Ticket (Admission Card) and same has to be produced at the examination venue. Each Candidate will be assigned a Computer to take up the examination. Candidates will be provided with a user name and password to login the system.
TNPSC Assistant Statistical Investigator Recruitment 2013 Instructions to candidates appearing for Computer Based Test (CBT)
How To Apply: Candidates should apply only through online in the Commission’s Website www.tnpsc.gov.in or in www.tnpscexams.net
Assistant Commissioner in HR & CE (Post Code : 1010)
Executive Officer Grade-I in HR & CE (Post Code : 1653)