Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test (SET) 2013 Admit Card and Entrance Examination Date 2013. State Eligibility Test-2013 has been fixed for 27 October 2013. The HPSET 2013 test will be conducted in the examination centres of Shimla, Solan, Mandi and Dharamshala (Kangra)
HPSET STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST-2013 Admit Card
Advertisement No. I/2013 Dated: 20/05/2013
date of set exam 2013.h.p will likely to be happen by this month October 2013
Download Admit Card at http://www.hp.gov.in/hppscoafs/login.aspx
The Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission (Authorised Agency) announces holding of State Eligibility Test (SET) in the month of September/October 2013 for determining the Eligibility for Lectureship in universities and colleges located within the State of Himachal Pradesh. The test will be conducted in 19 subjects listed below at various examination centres located at Shimla, Solan, Mandi and Dharamshala.
SCHEME AND DATE OF TEST :
The test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of
only objective type questions and will be held in the month of
September/October, 2013 one day in two separate sessions as under:
Session Paper Marks Number of question Duration
First I 100 60 out of which 50 questions to be attempted 75 Minutes (10 AM to 11-15 AM).
First II 100 50 questions all are compulsory 75 Minutes (11-30 AM to 12-45 PM).
Second III 150 75 questions all are compulsory 150 Minutes(2-30PM to 5-00PM)
Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/ research
aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning
ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the
candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be
given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty
(50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions,
the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.
Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the
subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
Paper-III will consist of 75 objective compulsory questions from the subject
selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks. All
questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire
syllabus (including all electives, without options.)
The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I, Paper-II and
Paper-III on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheet provided by the Commission.
Age Limit: There is no upper age limit to apply for lectureship eligibility
Application Fee: Candidates applying for the test are required to pay fee of Rs. 500/- for General category and Rs. 125/- for S.C. / S.T. / OBC/PWD categories by cash at any branch of Punjab National Bank, through a challan generated through the above website.
Subject For SET:
1. Chemical Sciences
3. Life Sciences
9. Mathematical Sciences
11. Physical Sciences
12. Physical Education
15. Political Science
16. Public Administration
17. Computer Application
18. Tourism Administration & Management
19. Journalism & Mass Communication.
Syllabus of Test: All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory,
covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options). The syllabi for all the subjects are that of UGC / CSIR examinations and the same can be
downloaded from H.P. Public Service Commission website www.hp.gov.in/hppsc.
The syllabi can also be downloaded from UGC website www.ugc.ac.in. This
agency will not supply the copies of syllabus to the individual candidates.
HIMACHAL PRADESH PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANDIDATES
(STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST
1. You should reach the examination centre 30 minutes before the commencement of the test and bring the admission letter-cum-attendance sheet bearing scanned photograph with you. In case the admission letter-cum-attendance sheet is without scanned photograph or defaced one, you should paste your latest passport size photograph duly attested from the gazetted officer on the space provided in the letter.
2. You will not be allowed to enter the examination hall / room 10 minutes after the commencement of test and will not be allowed to leave the examination hall / room in paper I and II till the expiry of full allotted time. However, the candidates in paper-III will be allowed to leave the examination hall after the expiry of half of the allotted time.
3. You should write / encode the answers in the OMR answer sheet with black / blue ball point pen. All squares, rectangles and circles in the OMR sheet should be filled in with black / blue ball point pen only.
4. Scheme of test and syllabus of all the subjects of SET are already on the office website of the Commission and the candidate may download the same for their information and use.
5. You should bring your own clip board, and ball pen etc. for use in the test. The use of cellular phone, pager, calculator etc. are not allowed in the examination hall.
6. No TA / DA will be paid for appearing in the test.
7. The candidates have the option to answer either in Hindi or in English in all subjects except languages. The question paper in Environmental Sciences / Computer Application will be in English only. In case of any discrepancy found in English and Hindi version in any paper, the English version should be treated as correct and final.
8. A candidate who does not appear in Paper-I will not be allowed to appear in Paper-II and III.
9. The candidate should ensure that his category code in the answer sheet is the same as has been claimed in the application form. No change in this regard will be accepted by the Commission at this stage.
10. Physically / Visually handicapped candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand-writing can avail the services of scribes by making prior request to the Commission at least one week before the test in writing.
11. No candidate shall be allowed to go outside of the examination hall / room for any purpose without prior permission of the Centre Superintendent. Smoking and taking tea in the examination hall / rooms is also strictly prohibited.
How To apply: Candidates are required to apply online at official website t www.hp.gov.in/hppsc on or before 18.06.2013
Tele: 0177 – 2623786, 2624313 Fax:- 0177 – 2624104
Toll Free No.- 1800-180-8004
(Any working day between 10.00 AM to 05.00 PM)